Gentran Capabilities and Benefits for EDI
IBM Sterling Gentran offers a robust set of features for EDI mapping and document translation, archiving, and tracking, including:
- A user-friendly mapping utility that allows users to establish any-to-any mapping relationships via point-and-click, rather than requiring an extensive amount of time and training to translate documents from scratch.
- Support for non-EDI formats, including complex XML documents, helping you support a broad range of trading partner requirements.
- A process control service that helps you control when, where and how documents are processed, based on your unique infrastructure and business requirements.
- Document browsers that provide clear visibility into where documents or transactions are transmitted received or stored.
- Outstanding auditing, tracking and archiving capabilities that assist you in resolving issues and addressing customer questions and problems quickly.
- A communications service that provides the ability to manage resource-intensive operations across distributed platforms and that enables communication over a variety of protocols.
- Store-and-forward mailboxing that provides central monitoring and a central gateway for all information flowing through Sterling Gentran:Server, and helps to improve security and reliability of document exchange.
- Configurable business rules and flexible document scheduling that help you avoid errors during file transmission.
- Superior integration tools to link your existing business data sources to the Gentran EDI translation services.
- Open architecture that enables you to build upon your investment over time, adding more capabilities using common features and functions as your e-business needs evolve.
IBM Sterling Gentran is available for iSeries (AS/400), zSeries (mainframe), UNIX, and Windows.
Your Partner for Gentran EDI Software and Services
As a full service IBM reseller and services provider, we can deliver the Gentran solution from end-to-end and help you make the most of these capabilities. Our Gentran and EDI consulting services include:
- EDI Assessments
- Assisting you with the purchase of Gentran software
- Architecting and implementing the optimal EDI solution for your needs
- Providing onshore EDI technical support
- Gentran managed EDI services and hosting
- Onboarding and supporting your trading partners
- And more
For more information on IBM Sterling Gentran solutions and our Gentran consulting services, please contact us today. We would be happy to assist you in your EDI solution implementation or upgrade.