The Importance of Project Management to Your Ecommerce and Supply Chain Initiatives
Any system that can affect your supply chain should be handled delicately and meticulously. Whether there it’s a “simple” upgrade, a hardware replacement, or a significant configuration or software change, your supply chain is too important to risk a faulty implementation.
Supply chain project management, when properly applied, gives your business a level of assurance that protects the integrity of your business processes and data transactions while updating and improving your environment with new technology that addresses your business needs. This could be overlooked if the focus is just on a software install procedure.
Expertly Managing Your Commerce or Supply Chain Management Solution Implementation or Upgrade
Lightwell understands the intricacies of supply chain project management. With experience leading supply chain solution implementations–including order management solutions and warehouse management solutions–for some of the world’s top supply chains in retail, government and manufacturing, we have the industry knowledge coupled with the technical expertise to ensure your supply chain implementation or upgrade is managed properly and completely.
The size and scope of your implementation is unique. We will review your needs and assemble a supply chain project management plan that is suited to your specific business requirements. The suite of services available from our skilled project managers include:
- Full-time or partial project management assistance
- Detailed project requirements definition aligned with your overall business strategy and goals
- Budget allocations, resource assignments and clear project deliverables
- Project strategy and planning sessions including scoping and solution definitions
- Solution architecture review with key performance metric expectations and process improvement documentation
- Change management to ensure users, technical personnel and trading partners clearly understand the implementation and its impact
- Scope management to ensure that expectations are kept within well-defined boundaries and new issues are carefully weighed against project delivery impact
- Issue management so that resolutions are found promptly and prioritized accordingly
- Risk management with clearly articulated mitigation strategies to avoid any potential negative incidents and reduce “surprises”
- Quality management so that your business process integrity and data reliability are not compromised and your transactions continue to flow reliably
Your IBM Sterling Commerce Solution Partner
Your business supply chain is the lifeblood of your company. For any order management (OMS) or warehouse management (WMS) solution project management initiative, rely on Lightwell’s experts and your project will be completed on-time while meeting your goals and expectations.
Contact us today to learn more and discuss your supply chain management project.