Change is Inevitable in B2B
President John F. Kennedy once said “Change is the law of life and those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.” This is highly applicable in business today, and particularly when working with B2B trading partners.
Even with established trading partners, transaction sets can change, new standards or regulations require updates, and communications or software upgrades occur at an unpredictable rate. Businesses should have a plan in place for managing those changes quickly as they arise and to add new trading partners when needed.
Trading Partner Management Services
Lightwell provides EDI/B2B trading partner onboarding management services that help you respond quickly to needs and requests while minimizing disruption to your day-to-day activities.
With Lightwell’s team of experts managing trading partner related tasks on your behalf, your business can focus its internal resources on other key initiatives while still keeping your EDI and B2B operations running smoothly. Our team will work hand-in-hand with your company’s business and IT managers to ensure that your trading partner management tasks are performed according to expectations, and any incidents or issues are addressed expeditiously.
Included in our suite of EDI and B2B trading partner onboarding and management services are:
- Trading partner conversion, consolidation and recruitment programs
- Proactive notification of upcoming trading partner specification change requests
- Analysis of trading partner change requests and clarification or discussions when needed
- Clear communication to all parties regarding data setup requirements, configuration changes, testing and implementation schedules
- Installation, configuration and testing of any new transformations or EDI maps
- Changes to existing EDI maps to accommodate trading partner requests
- New trading partner setup including service agreements, specifications, and timing
- Integration testing within test and production environments prior to go-live
- Monitoring and troubleshooting during and after live implementation of changes, new translations or new trading partner transactions
- Certification of trading partners with end-to-end system testing
- End-user training when necessary with complete documentation
- Support for resolving document processing and other B2B integration issues within your trading partner community
- Level 1 telephone, Web and email-support for your registered trading partners
Proactive Trading Partner Management
As we work with you, we’ll make recommendations to streamline and optimize EDI and B2B processes—to enhance efficiency without sacrificing quality or productivity.
Also, because our team has vast B2B experience across a number of industries, we are aware of many standards or regulation changes before you or your trading partners are aware of the impending change. This type of hands-on knowledge is a valuable part of our comprehensive B2B integration consulting services and enables you to take a proactive approach to trading partner management.
The team at Lightwell can bring your B2B trading partner management program to a new level – and help your business prepared for future B2B changes. Contact us today to discuss your trading partner management needs, and we’ll work together to tailor a program that’s right for you.