Quality EDI Mapping is Critical
When it comes to B2B operations, EDI mapping and B2B translation are where the rubber meets the road. The detailed and intricate work involved ensures that the right information flows smoothly and seamlessly between businesses.
Whether the transaction is EDI, XML or any other format or protocol it is critical that mapping and translation is performed using a high level of accuracy and quality. Otherwise, valuable resources will be needed to fix the problems that result.
Some businesses may choose to perform mapping in-house. While this can be beneficial because the internal resource is already familiar with the business, often internal resources are limited and overburdened. Other businesses simply don’t have the skilled resources on their team to perform these services, and need outside assistance to help complete the work.
Skilled EDI Mapping Resources
Lightwell, formerly Oxford Consulting Group, has a team of experienced EDI mappers and programmers that can perform mapping tasks on behalf of your company.
We can provide you EDI mapping assistance for existing and new, inbound and outbound EDI documents,. We have experience with all major EDI mapping, integration tools and networks, including IBM Sterling, Seeburger, GXS and others, and can assist you with everything from your initial EDI maps, to EDI map enhancements to ongoing EDI map development.
We offer any-to-any mapping and support any version of ANSI and EDIFACT standards. Our EDI mappers can work with you on-site, or can work remotely – we’ll discuss which fits your needs, budgets and timeframes best.
Our EDI mapping services include:
- On-shore / near-shore map development and maintenance
- Mapping Requirements Specification (MRS) development
- Performing a gap analysis between the application layout and EDI layout
- Building EDI specifications and developing implementation guidelines for your company
- Building maps using leading software applications, including IBM Sterling Gentran
- Support for SAP IDOCS, flat files, ODBC, and application files
- EDI mapping for the following transactions
- Purchasing documents, including Purchase Orders (850), PO Acknowledgement (855), or PO Changes (860, 855 or 856)
- Logistics documents, including Pick up Orders (204), Shipment Status (214), and others
- Shipment documents, including Advanced Ship Notice (856) and Application Advice (824)
- Other major documents like Invoices (810), Remittances (820), Price/Sales Catalog (832), Functional Acknowledgements (997), and Health Care Claims (837)
- And many others
- Map integration testing
- Sharing of mapping and translations best practices gained across multiple industries, including Manufacturing, Retail, Pharmaceutical, CPG, Healthcare, Financial, and others
- Onsite and remote mapping support
Lightwell’s EDI Mappers
With Lightwell’s EDI mappers on your B2B integration team, your EDI maps will be developed or migrated quickly and accurately. You’ll benefit from faster response to business needs, rapid completion of maps by expert consultants, and the ability to change and adapt quickly to new standards or regulations. And you can scale up or down based on your need for mapping services.
Contact us today to discuss how we can help you with your next EDI mapping project.