Why EDI and B2B Integration Project Management?
When it comes to B2B integration solutions, few projects are “easy”. Many factors can be involved that increase complexity, including:
- Network connectivity must be planned based on the frequency and size of the data communications and transactions.
- Back end business systems – whether Oracle, SAP, QAD or others – must be able to accept and process the transactions.
- Trading partner systems must properly transmit and receive transactions, and send appropriate acknowledgements.
- Business processes must be conducted with optimal efficiency and accuracy.
With all of the variables involved with a B2B integration project, skilled project management is needed in order to properly implement the solution and manage changes in an orderly manner.
A project management methodology gives accountability to the implementation team while also clearly outlining expectations, timelines, risks and change management. And the project management plan provides an issue and resolution process to address challenges when they (inevitably) occur.
Expertly Managing B2B Integration Projects of All Shapes and Sizes
Lightwell has a team of seasoned B2B integration project management experts with a wealth of experience with B2B integration projects of all shapes and sizes.
We have extensive experience with the IBM B2B Integration solutions, including IBM Sterling Gentran, IBM Sterling B2B Integrator, WebSphere Transformation Extender (WTX), and the IBM Sterling Managed File Transfer solutions.
Whether you are starting a new implementation, upgrading an existing system, or simply adding new trading partners or transaction sets, the Lightwell team can bring your B2B integration project to successful fruition.
Our Proven B2B Integration Project Management Methodology
We leverage a comprehensive project management approach and methodology that includes:
- A thorough design and planning session to align the project with your business needs, goals and objectives.
- Cost analysis, budget and resource allocation.
- End-to-end project coordination between IT, business, trading partners, and the integration team.
- Issue escalation to address concerns or potential problems.
- Change management to ensure users, technical personnel and trading partners clearly understand the implementation and its impact
- Risk management with clearly articulated mitigation strategies to avoid any potential negative incidents and reduce “surprises.”
- Review at project completion to ensure goals and expectations are met.
Leverage Our B2B Integration Project Management Expertise
Our project management expertise is built upon years of real-world business and integration experience. Rather than handling this challenging function on our own, allow us to manage your B2B integration project for you. Contact us today to learn how we can assist you with your next project.