Cloud Strategic Planning
Create a clear roadmap for achieving your strategic cloud goals.
Create an Actionable Roadmap that Aligns Your Capabilities and Cloud Goals
We align investments to your business strategy by ensuring they are:
- Aligned from discovery
- Prioritized correctly
- Sized appropriately
- Understood by all key players
In the context of Cloud Strategy, our S2I Methodology ensures:
Our 3 Step Approach to Cloud Strategic Planning
Step 1: Define the Goals of your Cloud Migration or Transformation
Clarify your business strategy
- What are your business and IT goals?
- How will cloud capabilities help you to achieve those goals?
These goals should not be generic, such as “improve time to value on new applications” or “innovate services.” Benefits like these will be tied into your overall cloud roadmap, but your cloud goals should get much more specific.
Create specific goals such as:
- “Many of our projects already have a cloud component—we need the internal technical capability to support these initiatives.”
- “We want to adopt Office 365 to support employee mobility and retain access to features.”
- “We need to use Azure initially for non-production environments but want to build toward production readiness.”
Step 2: Assess Capability Changes
- Goal: Adopt containers in application development to support cloud readiness.
- Barrier: Lack of internal skills set to deploy and manage containers.
- Capability: Roadmap for training skillset internally and providing consultant support in the interim.
In this way, each goal is tied to a specific capability change on the roadmap, and the impact of each change can be estimated and measured.
Step 3: Create a Cloud Roadmap
Once we have identified the needed capability changes, the work can be planned via a detailed, actionable roadmap.
To keep the roadmap as actionable as possible, each milestone will tie back to a specific capability change (rather than the entire completed application or integration).
Explore our Cloud Consulting Services
Let’s Get Started
Contact us today to discuss your objectives and discover how we can assist you in your cloud journey.