IBM Sterling Global Mailbox
Enable always-on, high availability operations, and efficient disaster resilience and recovery.
The difference between an outage and a disaster is recovery.
What happens when an important file isn’t delivered? It depends. If you’re a bank and the day’s transactions aren’t processed, you’ve got a lot of very unhappy customers. And if you’re a hospital with critical patient information, the impact can be catastrophic. Regardless of what industry you’re in, you don’t ever want to deal with the impact of an outage – cataclysmic or not.
That’s why so many organizations operate their own regionally dispersed data centers. These redundant facilities run 24x7x365 to ensure that hardware and software are backed up to provide better performance and recovery should an unanticipated outage occur. This redundancy is vitally important to the organization.
But it comes with a hefty price tag. Equipment is expensive. The professionals who manage it are valuable. And recovery can be painfully slow. Even with the best-laid plans, there’s always a chance that data may not be recovered.
Ensure always-on, high-availability operations, and redundancy.
IBM Sterling Global Mailbox is a solution that ensures always-on, high-availability operations – everywhere, all the time. Created as a complement to IBM Sterling B2B Integrator and IBM Sterling File Gateway, Global Mailbox replicates the data that is being routed in near real-time and stores it in geographically distributed locations throughout the world. This process ensures that service is uninterrupted – rerouting instantaneously to prevent disaster rather than suffering the dire impact of an outage – and needing to recover from it.
With IBM Sterling Global Mailbox, your organization can be confident of the receipt and delivery of important data files. You’ll be better able to comply with performance and service level agreements. And the organizations and individuals who depend upon the information you’re transmitting will receive the data they require, day in and day out, regardless of what might happen between a file being Sent and Received.
Why Global Mailbox? When a file transfer fails, your operation falters.
How would you like to tell your boss that your employees won’t be paid this week due to a technical glitch? Or that a little snafu means your most lucrative customer won’t receive the order they need to keep their production line running? The thought of it is absolutely horrifying. And yet, it happens every day. That’s because some organizations have failed to implement solutions that ensure always-on performance and provide adequate disaster recovery systems.
Whatever business you’re in, delivering error-free files without disruption is critical. Whether you’re dealing with a supply chain that spans the globe, you’re a hospital providing round-the-clock patient care, or a consumer bank with online service – interruption is not an option. Data, documents, and files must be delivered on time, every hour of the day, every day of the year.
But, as you may know very well, it isn’t always so easy to ensure data gets from Point A to Point B without a hiccup. Sure, it might seem a relatively simple task to send a financial file from Calgary to Dallas. But what if a storm knocks out electricity at the data center in Billings, Montana? Or a solar flare wreaks havoc with the entire North American electrical grid? (Did you know what a new cycle of solar activity is slated to begin in 2020 and reach its peak in 2025?)
There are so many different things that can go wrong with a transmission, and when they do, they cost organizations millions upon millions of dollars. One study indicates that the average cost of a single data center outage has risen to $740,357.1
This includes direct and indirect costs to organizations, such as:
- Lost productivity
- Lost revenue
- Damage to mission-critical data
- Cost to detect failures and remediate systems and core business processes
- Legal and regulatory impact, including litigation defense cost
- Financial penalties resulting from unfulfilled SLAs
- Lost confidence among key stakeholders
- Customer dissatisfaction
- The diminishment of marketplace reputation and brand equity
To protect your organization from an expensive, unfortunate disruption – and to protect yourself from truly unpleasant repercussions – consider leveraging IBM Sterling Global Mailbox. Because even if a data center suffers disruption or disaster, this reliable, always-on solution will deliver your data on time.
Source: 1 Ponemon Institute, Cost of Data Center Outages, January 2016
IBM Sterling Global Mailbox provides powerful capabilities and benefits.
- Always-on, high-availability performance
- Configurable geographic distribution
- Efficient disaster resilience and recovery
- Intuitive, easy-to-use UI
- Enhance existing IT investments
Always-on, high-availability performance
- Enables near real-time data replication across data centers.
- Transmits data through an active/active mailbox architecture that offers file-based synchronization across data centers.
- Monitors activities continuously to ensure every file reaches its destination.
- Provides a consistent view of data across all data centers.
- Transparent cutover means that line of business managers, customers, and other partners remain unaware of any disruption to the process.
- Customize the process according to your own requirements.
- Ensure that stakeholders receive the same information at the same time.
- Give your partners and customer-facing operations uninterrupted service, improving trust and confidence.
- Avoid outages and expensive downtime.
Configurable geographic distribution
- Replicates files at the nearest available regional data centers.
- Location affinity sends collaborators to the closest data center.
- When a mailbox event triggers application-level action, Global Mailbox activates geographically distributed data centers to ensure flawless, seamless transmission.
- Get assurance from both ends that file transfers are delivered.
- Reduce risk and avoid penalties by being better able to comply with performance and service level agreements (SLAs).
Efficient disaster resilience and recovery
- Enable continuous data processing, even in the event of the failure of multiple hardware or software components.
- Depend on an enterprise-grade, security-rich solution for data file transmission.
- Get true fault tolerance through redundancy in hardware and software.
- Scale with your needs.
- Ensure minimal to no data loss under the most extreme conditions.
- Meet industry requirements for high availability and disaster recovery.
- Improve security and governance.
- Eliminate the need and costs of maintaining your own redundant data centers.
Intuitive, easy-to-use UI
- Simplifies managing global mailboxes, data replication, and recovery for both business and IT users.
- Increase efficiency and productivity.
- Ensures high-availability and near real-time recovery.
Enhance existing IT investments
- Acquire as an add-on solution that extends the capabilities and value of IBM Sterling B2B Integrator and File Gateway.
- Add to IBM Sterling Control Center so you can quickly see how your systems are performing.
- Leverage with other IBM business-to-business (B2B) portfolio architectures, as well as other technologies, to deliver a high-availability solution across multiple data centers.
- Fast deployment with quick and seamless integration into your existing processes.
- Achieve greater value from our current investments.
- Gain a consistent view of files and documents across data centers.
- Eliminate the need for expensive, custom solutions and database replication.
IBM Sterling Global Mailbox ensures successful delivery of your critical files. Our B2B integration consultants deliver the expertise you need to get the most from the solution.
Our B2B integration consultants have helped organizations like yours connect and communicate with business partners for over 20 years now. Working collaboratively with your team, we’ll help you select and implement the tools you need to compete in this hyper-connected global business environment.
Through our comprehensive B2B Integration services, we help our customers select, deploy, manage, and optimize these solutions to help achieve their full benefits. We also help them implement best practices, optimize processes, gain better insights, and empower their users and partner communities. The collaborative relationships we help them build with their supply chain give them definitive competitive advantages and differentiates their organizations.
IBM Sterling Global Mailbox is just one of the many innovative tools we have installed within successful enterprises around the world. We can help you put this efficient disaster recovery solution into place quickly and efficiently in your organization so you can meet your performance and governance obligations.
Learn more about our solutions and services and discover how our team can help.
IBM Sterling B2B Integration Solutions
Lightwell B2B Integration Services and Innovations
Take the next step in your journey with IBM Sterling solutions.
Learn about additional solutions and services from Lightwell and IBM that can help you improve your overall business performance and seize competitive advantage.
Choose the ideal B2B integration solutions for your industry.
Many IBM Sterling B2B integration solutions are specialized for the unique needs of various business sectors, ensuring that standards are met for privacy, security, and other important areas related to business transactions and transmissions:
Let’s Get Started
The business world is moving at lightning speed. And the engine that moves it is data. That’s why it’s so critically important that every file reaches its destination exactly when it’s needed. IBM Sterling Global Mailbox will help you avoid the disaster of an outage by preventing interruptions in transmission. We’d like to help you get the advantage of always-on reliability by implementing the solution for your organization, business partners, and customers.
Contact us today to discuss the specific needs of your B2B partner community and to discover how Lightwell B2B consultants and IBM can help you establish positive, productive, and profitable partnerships.