This is a foundational value of Lightwell and a responsibility we take very seriously.
Our Philanthropic Mission Statement
With recognition that our company has a social, cultural, environmental and ethical responsibility to the communities in which we work and live, Lightwell is directly involved in a number of local and national charitable, non-profit organizations across the United States and United Kingdom. We believe that everyone can make a difference and should strive to do so.
We commit our efforts annually by donating at least 5% of our profits to organizations in support of our corporate focus on disadvantaged women, youth and veterans, including but not limited to:
- Amethyst, Inc.
- Franklin County Children’s Services
- A Kid Again
- Children’s Hunger Alliance
- YWCA Family Shelter
Being seen as good corporate citizens is a reflection of several of our core values including respect for the individual, integrity and teamwork.
Our Community and Charity Involvement
Lightwell has contributed to numerous charities across the United States and United Kingdom through Board and leadership positions, volunteer hours, and/or monetary donations. These include:
Recent Company Charity Events
In 2011 we were involved at the company level for a number of charities based on employee interest and community need. This has included:
- Children’s Hunger Alliance. Lightwell donated more than $3,000 for the benefit of Children’s Hunger Alliance and the YWCA Family Shelter in the name of our clients in lieu of holiday gifts.
- Amethyst’s SummerQuest Carnival. We helped to provide a summer camp experience for children with mothers participating in Amethyst’s long-term housing and substance abuse treatment program.
- Amethyst Walk for Recovery. Lightwell employees joined together to form a walk/run team that helped Amethyst to raise more than $15,000—$5,000 over the event goal.
- Movember. Lightwell formed a virtual Movember team with more than 20 employees nationwide participating in the Movember movement (us.movember.com)—a month long commitment by men to grow mustaches in order to raise money and awareness for prostate cancer.
- Holiday Giving for Franklin County Children’s Services, Amethyst and A Kid Again. Our staff shops together for each and every child we’re responsible for supporting. Last year we supported 40 kids. After the last gifts are purchased, we all return to the office and turn our conference room into Santa’s workshop, wrapping and tagging more than 80 gifts by the end of an exhausting–but rewarding–day
The Lightwell/Oxford Consulting Group Foundation
In 2011, we established The Oxford Consulting Group Fund at The Columbus Foundation, which has become the Lightwell Foundation. The goal of our foundation is to support not only the Columbus-based charities in which our local employees are involved, but also the charities of our employees living throughout the United States.
As a nationwide consulting firm, we believe it’s important for all of our employees to be able to support the charities that fit our philanthropic mission within their communities. This allows us to extend our reach and commitment to places and people we wouldn’t otherwise have had the opportunity to help. Through the Foundation, employees have access to matching funds as well as company donations to charities where they are actively volunteering their time.
By partnering with the Columbus Foundation, we also have better visibility into the needs in our community and are ensuring our funds are directed to the neediest. We will continue to use our Foundation as a vehicle to meet the needs of our community and those of our employees in the years to come.